Minor in Teaching English as a Second Language (Minor in TESL) is for undergraduate students.
The Minor in TESL provides concentrated coursework that prepare students to teach English to nonnative speakers of English, either in community programs in the United States or in an overseas location. Students from any program may complete the minor without further studies in linguistics.
All classes listed are requirements for the Minor in TESL. A C or better is required in each course used to satisfy the minor.
- ENGL 219 Introduction to Linguistics
- ENGL 322 Language in Society
- ENGL 324 Introduction to Teaching ESL Literacy
- ENGL 325 Teaching Oral Communication Skills
- ENGL 425 Second Language Learning and Teaching
- For more information, please contact Greta Muller Levis, Linguistics Undergraduate Advisor.